If your roof requires repairs, only a licensed professional should provide them. However, you should still know several details about this important feature of your house. When you are aware of some basic information about roofs in general, you will be able to make better choices about the one that covers your own home.
At Century Roofing Limited, we are always delighted to answer your questions and concerns about roofing. We encourage you to stay as well-informed as you can, so your needs may be met as efficiently as possible.
You do not need to an expert about roofing matters. Some general knowledge could prove to be quite useful, though. To familiarize yourself, consider the points below:
• Age: Your roof’s age is a critical factor with regard to when it will need to be replaced. Generally, you will have to replace it 20 years after it was installed. Depending on how much damage it has sustained, you may even need to get a new one after 15 years.
• Leak Sources: The source of a leak may not always be a hole in the roof itself. Water damage can manifest via a skylight, the flashing, or the sidewalls. When your home is leaking and you cannot easily see the source, it is probably not a hole. In such cases, the leak may be from extensive moisture damage that has been growing for some time.
• Gutter Maintenance: Taking care of your gutters is just as important as any other kind of roof maintenance. Although it may be easy to forget about checking these, you should make a point of doing so on a regular basis. When leaves, dirt, and debris collect in the gutters, your home could experience leaks and mold growth. These issues can be expensive to repair.
• Shingle Damage: Problems with your shingles should never be ignored. These components are a first line of defense against all kinds of weather, as well as hazards such as fallen tree limbs. If your shingles are cracked, curling, broken, buckling, or missing, contact a professional as soon as possible.
• Ventilation: Proper ventilation will help to avoid issues such as the presence of mold. Keeping the attic and roof ventilated may also prevent snow from melting and refreezing underneath the shingles. This is known as an ice dam, and it can cause much moisture damage.
• Inspections: Routine examinations will aid in keeping your roof in good shape. By hiring a professional to inspect it periodically, you could spare yourself from greater expenses later. This is a task that a licensed contractor should perform. The professional you hire should have received the proper training to stay safe, as well as to provide an accurate assessment.
Your Roofing Contractors in Calgary
The Century Roofing Limited team is here to assist with your roofing needs in Calgary. When you have some basic knowledge on the topic, you may be better equipped to describe what your needs are. Do not worry if you have issues that you cannot identify or describe exactly. We will be happy to schedule a service visit and provide a solution if needed.