Going green is not going away anytime soon. Consumers, manufacturers, and governments are well aware that now is the time to think about the environment first. Sustainable living and eco-friendly materials are the desire of the public at large. The home improvement and construction industries are answering the cry with green solutions such as metal roofing. They are attractive, sturdy, and provide an excellent alternative in roofing supplies.
Before you decide on asphalt or cedar shingles for your renovation or your new home build, research the attributes of a metal roof. You may be surprised at how your energy bills react. Then find a professional roofing contractor for the installation.
Century Roofing Limited can help you decide on the best material for your needs.
Enjoy the Eco-Friendly Benefits of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is gaining popularity as an eco-friendly choice for your home. Some of the benefits are unmatched:
• Fantastic Strength: Metal roofing is made from a variety of materials including tin, aluminum, copper, and galvanized steel. It can withstand extreme weather like heavy rainstorms, hailstorms, snow and ice. It is also fire-resistant, impervious to pests, and holds up to high winds.
• Energy Efficient: When energy efficiency is at stake, a metal roof is among the top tier. They can save homeowners up to 40 percent in energy bills, especially when you consider colour. By choosing a light coloured metal, you not only save more money on your heating and electric bills, but you may find your home 50 to 60 degrees cooler.
• Lasts Longer: Lasting up to 60 years, the typical service life of a metal roof is approximately two to three times longer than asphalt shingles. Metal roofs can be pressed and shaped without breaking or cracking, another reason they hold up to the elements.
• Recyclable Material: Some of the metal used in metal roofs contain up to 40 percent recycled steels and is still 100 percent recyclable. Since they are entirely recyclable, you will rarely find these roofing materials in a landfill, unlike asphalt shingles.
• Improves Home Value: A new metal roof is an attractive alternative to other choices. Recognized as a green home product with its cost-savings and energy efficient investment, metal roofs are found to improve home value by at least 1 to 6 percent.
Experienced Roofing Specialists in Calgary
Join the green trend by investing in a metal roof for your new home or renovation. Coupled with energy efficient appliances and lighting, metal protection helps you not only save the environment but also save money. The Century Roofing Limited team can inspect and ascertain the integrity of your roof. We have the skills, training, and experience to implement a new metal roof and ensure you do your part to protect the environment.
Century Roofing Limited is a top roofing company in Calgary. Call us today at 403-235-5457 or use our online contact form to reach us.