Helpful Tips from Your Roofing Supplies Company in Calgary
Getting a new roof can be an exciting prospect, and the Century Roofing Limited team is always delighted to help you with such a project. Once you have your new roof installed, you will want to be certain that it endures for as long as possible. You might be surprised to realize that you do have some control over the longevity of your roof. We will help you get the best roof available within your budget, and can also help you ensure that it lasts.
Keeping Your Roof in Top Condition
The secret to increasing your roof’s lifespan is to keep it in good shape. Here are some steps you can take to preserve your investment:
1. Tree Maintenance – Trees are often an integral aspect of the landscaping of a property. You do not need to get rid of your trees in order to protect your roof, but you should keep them in solid condition. Hire a landscaping company or arborist to inspect your trees on an annual basis. Trained professionals will be able to catch issues before they become major problems and affect the roof. However, do not wait until a maintenance crew arrives if you notice limbs growing over the roof. If that happens, hire someone to trim them, so they do not wreak havoc with your roof.
2. Debris – Periodically, you should remove debris from your roof and gutters. You must not endanger yourself by climbing a ladder or walking on the roof. Simply use a tool that extends for just this purpose. Keeping debris away will help to prevent moisture and other substances from eroding the surface. Clearing debris from the gutters will help to stop them from getting clogged, which can also lead to roof erosion.
3. Moss – When you perform inspections, also look for the presence of moss. If you see moss growing anywhere on your roof, have a professional investigate the matter further. Moss thrives in damp conditions, so its presence could indicate that lasting moisture has made its way onto your roof.
4. Disrepair – You should also be aware of any broken, cracked, or missing shingles. If you see any signs of disrepair, get those fixed by a professional as soon as possible. This will help to prevent the affected areas from worsening.
5. After a Storm – In addition to inspecting your roof on a regular basis, you should examine it after any major storm. Even more minor storms can cause damage to the roof. Check for damaged roof tiles or shingles, and look for evidence of fallen tree limbs or branches.
6. Materials – If you are getting a new roof and are concerned about how soon you will need to replace it, consider the materials. Some roofing materials, such as metal and laminate, offer the most longevity overall.
Ensuring the Long Life of Your Roof
At Century Roofing Limited, we take pride in the products and services we offer. We want your roof to last for a long time, and it should if you take some basic preventative measures. If you need help inspecting your roof or it needs to be repaired, our team can assist.
Need expert roofing services in the Calgary area? We will repair or replace your roof. Call us at 403-235-5457, or fill out our online contact form for a no-obligation estimate.