Many Canadians enjoy DIY projects around the house. At Century Roofing Limited, we understand the satisfaction of taking on a project and seeing it through to completion. However, some jobs are best left to the professionals, and this is certainly true of most roofing tasks. A project that involves climbing on top of a building should only be performed by an individual with proper training and equipment.
This type of work can also be quite complex. If it is not done right the first time, the resulting damage could be quite expensive to fix. Whether you need storm damage assessed or new roof shingles for your Calgary home, you should only trust local roof specialists with an outstanding track record.
Repairs that Your Roof Might Require
The protective barrier that tops your home might need to be fixed for an array of reasons. If you are ever uncertain about whether you should call us, remember that it is always better to be safe than sorry.
These are some of the most common repair issues that a roofing expert might need to correct:
• Flashing Issues: Flashing is the sheet metal installed to prevent leaking. It may serve as a seal around features such as the chimney. It is often used as a sort of seam between two sections or opposing surfaces. Sometimes, poorly designed systems can lead to flashing problems. In other cases, the issue could be an improperly sealed fastener or the loss of a protective coating.
• Leak Detection and Repair: You might know there is a leak in your home, but you could be unsure of its exact location. A professional can provide detection service and the repair work necessary to stop the leaking.
• Wind Damage: High winds can destroy a roof over time. The damage might not be noticeable at first, but it could manifest after a few strong windstorms. At other times, the results of such gusts might be immediately apparent. You may have several dislodged or peeling shingles in various places. The roof could even shift and bend, ultimately leading to a weakened covering that does not protect your home adequately.
• Animals: If critters have invaded your roof, you may soon find them inside your place of residence. Many animals that generally seem cute are not so appealing when they are slowly destroying your roof. They might enter through the gutter lines, or they could climb tree branches and drop onto the surface, like tiny trapeze artists! The outcome may be torn shingles, peeled siding, and damaged roof vents.
• Skylights: If a skylight is the source of a leak, it must be fixed as soon as possible. This kind of issue could also indicate a weakness in the vent flashing or another protrusion. If that is the case, moisture may have traveled some distance before it reached the skylight, and that could mean extensive damage has already been done to the roof.
Experienced Roof Repair Specialists in Calgary
Roof problems should not be taken lightly, and they must only be diagnosed and repaired by expert contractors. The Century Roofing Limited team can address, explore, and fix such issues at your home. We have the skills, training, and experience to implement the repairs your roof requires.
Century Roofing Limited is a top roofing company in Calgary. Phone us today at 403-235-5457, or use our online contact form to reach us.