Once you know that you need a new roof, you will need to consider a variety of details. One of the main factors involved in such a project is selecting the kind of material you want. Asphalt shingles and metal are two of the most common materials used in modern roofing. They each offer several advantages, and either material should serve your home well for many years.
The Benefits of Metal Roofing
Getting a metal roof could be a solid choice for your household. We have installed many metal roofs, and we know that this is a roofing material that numerous Canadians prefer. These are some of the primary advantages associated with metal roofing:
• Versatile – Metal is a versatile roofing material. It may be used for an array of project types, and it comes in a broad assortment of styles.
• Reroofing – If you are interested in having your roof reroofed, metal is the perfect option. It is one of the best materials to place over an existing roof. In fact, metal roofing can be laid over virtually any type of roofing assembly.
• Durable – Metal is a highly durable material. It does not decompose the way asphalt and other roofing materials do. This means that it will last longer than other materials, making it a more economical choice over the long run.
• Fire Safe – A metal roof will not catch fire the way that other materials can. It is especially ideal if fire safety is of major concern for you.
The Advantages of Using Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt roof shingles also offer several benefits. We use asphalt roof shingles for many area homes. Here are some of the merits of utilizing these shingles for roofing projects:
• Choices – Asphalt shingles may be found in several different colours, shapes, and textures. They can accent any home beautifully, and we can use them to complement a variety of design styles.
• Affordable – If cost is a top concern for your household, asphalt roofing could be perfect for you. Asphalt roof shingles are one of the most affordable materials for roofs.
• Durable – Like metal, asphalt is a very durable material. Shingles made of asphalt may withstand a wide range of weather, from wind to snow, sleet, and rain. It can also endure the heat from the sun.
• Noise Control – Asphalt shingles provide an effective barrier against sound. If you live in a particularly noisy neighbourhood, asphalt shingles might be the best material for your roof.
Roofing Supplies in Calgary that Meet Your Needs
Choosing the material for your new roof may seem overwhelming, but the Century Roofing team is here to help. You might start by describing your circumstances and your preferences. By taking these details into consideration, we can assist you in making a selection.