As homeowners and business owners, we often take roofs for granted. A regular life can have us believe that those shingles above our heads will last forever. However, the opposite is often true. Extreme weather such as storms and heavy snowfall can create unexpected damages.
Seasonal inspections of your roof, and making little fixes as required, will prevent the weather from intruding on your structure. Not only can you avoid a safety hazard by conducting regular inspections, but you can also keep the value of your building up if you plan to sell.
Whether your roof is a year or 20 years old, keeping up with inspections and repairs will keep you, your family, and your home safe. It does not take too much time to look over your shingles for evidence of wear and tear. Having a professional roofing contractor in Calgary saves you money and time. The expert team at Century Roofing Limited knows what to look for and can spot a small issue at once before it becomes a costly problem later. We are happy to answer any questions you might have, and encourage you to stay as well-informed as possible, so your roofing needs are met.
12 Ways to Know You May Need to Replace Your Roof
Avoid roof failure when you take proactive steps now. A delay in replacing an old roof can result in more significant problems later. Look for these signs at least twice a year so you can stop issues from escalating.
Inspect the Inside of Your Home
The first step is to grab your flashlight and head to the attic and investigate for the following:
1. Sagging of your roof deck
2. Water damage or leaking
3. Dark spots or trails running down the deck
4. Light from the outside showing through the roof
Check Outside Your Home
The next step is to head outside and look for:
5. Shingles that are cracked, torn, bald, or missing
6. Loose or worn material around the chimneys, vents, and pipes
7. An excessive amount of shingle granules in your gutters. This will look like very large sand particles.
8. Any signs of moisture, rot or mold. Keep in mind that a wet spot may not be directly under the damaged shingle. Water moves to the lowest level and then drips. Be aware that mold, fungi, and bacteria can multiply in as little as 24-48 hours after a water-related problem.
9. Loose gutters and downspouts
10. Blocked drains preventing water from exiting your roof
11. Water leaks around your bath, kitchen and dryer vents outside your home
12. Neighbors who are in the process of getting a new roof. For homes built around the same timeframe, the roofs usually wear out similarly.
Trusted Roofing Contractors in Calgary
Avoid leaving your home or business to chance. Make regular, bi-annual inspections of your roof to safeguard against problems. The Century Roofing Limited team is here to help you inspect, repair, or replace your existing roof. We have been a trusted name for over 30 years in the Calgary area.
Century Roofing Limited is one of the best roofing companies in Calgary. Give us a call at 403-235-5457, or you can reach us via our online contact form.